I’ll take a vinegar slaw over that mayo mess any day! This is a delicious, super easy coleslaw recipe sure to please!
Spicy Vinegar Coleslaw
A delicious, easy and spicy vinegar coleslaw recipe!
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded (or use bagged coleslaw mix and omit carrots below)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers (make it serranos or habaneros, depending on how much heat you’d like)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Combine coleslaw vegetable ingredients; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, grated carrots and jalapeños in a large serving bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Once sugar is dissolved, pour over vegetables and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Then serve!
- You can cheat and buy the already shredded bags of cabbage (red and green mix with carrots), and then just add the rest of the veggies. It’s just as good, I do it all the time.
Cayenne Diane https://www.cayennediane.com/