I’ll take a vinegar slaw over that mayo mess any day! This is a delicious, super easy coleslaw recipe sure to please!
Spicy Vinegar Coleslaw
- 1 head cabbage finely shredded (or use bagged coleslaw mix and omit carrots below)
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 red bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion finely chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers make it serranos or habaneros, depending on how much heat you’d like
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
Combine coleslaw vegetable ingredients; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, grated carrots and jalapeños in a large serving bowl.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer, stir until sugar is dissolved.
Once sugar is dissolved, pour over vegetables and toss well.
Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Then serve!