I’ll take a vinegar slaw over that mayo mess any day! This is a delicious, super easy coleslaw recipe sure to please!
Spicy Vinegar Coleslaw
- 1 head cabbage finely shredded (or use bagged coleslaw mix and omit carrots below)
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 red bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion finely chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers make it serranos or habaneros, depending on how much heat you’d like
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
Combine coleslaw vegetable ingredients; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, grated carrots and jalapeños in a large serving bowl.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer, stir until sugar is dissolved.
Once sugar is dissolved, pour over vegetables and toss well.
Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Then serve!
You can cheat and buy the already shredded bags of cabbage (red and green mix with carrots), and then just add the rest of the veggies. It’s just as good, I do it all the time.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #cayennediane on Instagram or Twitter.