Even easier than sautéing, roasted Shishito peppers in sesame oil are a delicious! These are very mild peppers so everyone can enjoy this tasty snack!
Roasted Shishito Peppers in Sesame Oil
- 8 - 10 Shishito peppers
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Maldon Sea Salt flakes
- Set oven to broil on high
- Place Shishito peppers on a baking sheet
- Poke a hole in each pepper
- Brush with sesame oil
- Place in oven and roast for about 5-6 minutes, turning often. Be sure to keep an eye on them. They will blister quickly. You want them to be blistered, not charred.
- Remove and sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt flakes
- Serve immediately
Oven roasting them is much less of a mess than pan-frying. If you don't have Maldon Sea Salt flakes, regular sea salt certainly works, but I'd recommend trying Maldon Sea Salt flakes if you haven't had it... so much better!
If you make this, be sure to share it with all the fans!
Tag your photo with #cayennediane on Instagram or Twitter.