This is a delicious, super easy, spicy vinegar coleslaw recipe sure to please. Want it even hotter? Substitute serrano or habanero pepper for the jalapenos.
TIP: You can cheat and buy the already shredded bags of cabbage (red and green mix with carrots), and then just add the rest of the veggies. It’s just as good, I do it all the time.
Spicy Vinegar Coleslaw
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded Or get the ready to go bagged stuff, just as good!
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 Bell Pepper, finely chopped I go with red, orange or yellow for color
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño Peppers or make it serranos or habaneros, depending on how much heat you’d like
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Combine coleslaw vegetable ingredients; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, grated carrots and jalapeños in a large serving bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Once sugar is dissolved, pour over vegetables and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Then serve!
If you make this, be sure to share it with all the fans!
Tag your photo with #cayennediane on Instagram or Twitter.