This is a really tasty, spicy, stuffed, no-carb bell pepper recipe. I will admit, it’s not a quick recipe, but I think it’s worth it. The key is adding hot peppers that make it spicy enough for you, be it jalapenos, serranos, habs, or more!
Spicy Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeded Any color, keep the stems on for presentation
- 1 lb ground beef/turkey/chicken
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes or one 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, serranos, or habaneros (depending on spice level desired), seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine tomatoes, hot peppers, garlic, oregano and cumin in small bowl. This is the tomato mixture. Set aside.
- Thoroughly combine ground meat, eggs, onion, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Stir in 3/4 of the tomato mixture.
- Spoon meat filling evenly into pepper halves.
- Spray (12X12-inch) sheets heavy-duty foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place each pepper half on foil sheet. Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets.
- Place packets on baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven.
- Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer pepper halves to a baking dish. Top each with remaining tomato mixture and pop into the oven just enough to warm the tomato topping.
If you make this, be sure to share it with all the fans!
Tag your photo with #cayennediane on Instagram or Twitter.