This is an interesting ginger-habanero infused simple syrup. This simple syrup can be used in place of plain simple syrup in any cocktail to add a bit of heat!
Ginger Habanero Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 halved & seeded habanero pepper
- 2 oz sliced fresh ginger
- Bring water & sugar to a boil, just enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar dissolves, add in the habanero and ginger.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer, and let the simmer for about 10 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool (about 30 minutes). Remove the pepper & ginger and discard them. Strain the syrup if necessary.
- Store the syrup in any container with a lid, closed tightly. The finished syrup should keep refrigerated for about 2 weeks.
- This simple syrup can be used in place of plain simple syrup in any cocktail to add a bit of heat! Pairs well with tequila. Make your own margarita mix with fresh lime juice and this syrup!
Cayenne Diane http://www.cayennediane.com/