Try this Asian inspired, uniquely flavored sweet and spicy sauce in place of BBQ or buffalo sauce. Great with chicken! It can be used to slather chicken wings. Try it on any cut of fried chicken. It also can make a yummy dipping sauce for chicken tenders.
This unique sauce is a combination of Gochujang (a hot pepper paste from Korea), soy sauce, sesame oil, red wine vinegar, sugar and water. It’s so good, I wanted to put it on everything! You won’t be disappointed!
Sweet & Spicy Korean Chili Sauce
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Gochujang
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Black & White Sesame Seeds
- Combine the sugar and water in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer until sugar is dissolved
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add in all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
If you make this, be sure to share it with all the fans!
Tag your photo with #cayennediane on Instagram or Twitter.