The perfect blend of spicy and sweet. The Burning Mandarin Martini isn’t too hot, but has just heat enough to make it interesting. This is a sophisticated cocktail and is sure to impress.
The Burning Mandarin Martini
- 2 thin slices fresh serrano pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces Absolute Mandarin vodka
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 orange wedge
- Place 1 slice Serrano pepper into a cocktail shaker and mash lightly with a muddler. Add vodka, lemon and orange juices, simple syrup and cranberry juice.
- Fill shaker with ice. Place a mixing glass over the cocktail shaker, hold together firmly and shake back and forth 10 times.
Run the orange wedge around the rim of a rocks glass and dip the glass into the sugar. Strain the cocktail into the sugar-lined martini glass. Coat the remaining slice of Serrano with the remaining sugar; float on the liquid as a garnish.
Adapted from Katsuya Japanese restaurant in Los Angeles.
If you make this, be sure to share it with all the fans!
Tag your photo with #cayennediane on Instagram or Twitter.